About Emporia State
Located in a vibrant and welcoming community, Emporia State and the city of Emporia are committed to help you reach your educational goals.
We all yearn to live in a safe, sustainable world that is filled with justice, equality, tolerance, and progress.
Our distinguished faculty will inspire you to be a leader so you can benefit the common good globally. As an Emporia State graduate, you will be prepared to be the change you want to see in the world.
Undergraduate and graduate coursework is available on our main campus in Emporia. Selected programs are available at our Emporia State Kansas City; at Kansas City Kansas Community College; and at Butler Community College in El Dorado, KS. New partnerships with Community Colleges across the state and a wide selection of online offerings take Emporia State to the student, wherever he or she might be.
Since 1863, Emporia State University has prepared teachers in nationally acclaimed teacher education programs. For the last 40 years, outstanding and highly accredited programs in Business, Library and Information Management, and Liberal Arts and Sciences have prepared our students to take their place in a competitive and increasingly global society.Learn More
Preparing students for lifelong learning, rewarding careers, and adaptive leadership.
Also in this Section
From advising to a writing center for students, and a small business development center and community counseling for area business and residents, our offices and centers are here for you.
The first public institution of higher education, we have become a comprehensive university, offering bachelors and masters degrees in a variety of areas in business, education, and the arts and sciences, as well as a doctorate in Library Information and Management.
There are a lot of things about Emporia State that you may not know. For example,
- The student to faculty ratio is 18:1.
- More than 130 student organizations
- The average undergraduate class size is 18.5
- Flat Rate Tuition: You can take an overload and still pay the same amount for your tuition
- More than 65 majors, minors and concentrations.
- The number of scholarships awarded in the 2015-16 academic year: more than 2,200, worth $5.9 million.
- ESU is home to the Fallen Educators Memorial and the National Teachers Hall of Fame
- ESU athletics ranked in the top 20 in producing NCAA Division II Academic All-Americans by the College Sports Information Directors of America since 2000.
- We have a $1,000,000 per year state-funded Honors College.
- Campus: 218 acres, 70 buildings