Fully Licensed Starbucks Store Coming to ESU’s Memorial Union in 2019January 23, 2019
Sodexo, the food service contract holder with Emporia State University, will begin construction on a new, fully licensed Starbucks store in the Memorial Union this spring with plans for a grand opening by the end of 2019.
The new Starbucks store is expected to offer the full Starbucks-branded menu, sell branded merchandise, honor gift cards and earn Starbucks Rewards on purchases. This project expands the hours and current offerings of Sodexo’s Buzzcotti outlet, which sells Starbucks brand coffee and is licensed to make some official Starbucks drinks.
“We appreciate our partnership and are pleased with Sodexo’s investment in our students and campus community by building and operating this fully licensed Starbucks outlet,” said Carmen Leeds, director of ESU’s Memorial Union.
The new Starbucks will be just west of the Welcome Center where Union Administration was located. To allow construction to begin, the following changes have been made:
- Now staffed by the undergraduate Admissions office.
- Postal services moved to Union Services suite of offices.
- Director and Accountant offices moved to Union Services.
- Administrative Specialist moved to Center for Student Involvement.
- Catering Office moved to second floor office between Skyline and Preston Family Room.
- Large format printer moved to Center for Student Involvement.